Sunday, January 17, 2010

First IS Lesson - The Internet & WWW

This Tuesday, I had an IS (Info-comm Studies) lesson on the Internet & WWW. Over at the Computer Lab, the class watched a video before starting the lesson.

The first part of the lesson was about the history of the Internet. I was amazed at how the Internet has changed rapidly over the years - from the number of host nodes to how we connect to the Internet.
It strongly reflects on how we are modernizing at such a fast rate.

The next part was about how the Internet works. The Internet uses the World Wide Web , or WWW for short, which consists of many smaller components, such as downloading, URL, links, search engines and much more. It easily lets us browse the Internet for information we are looking for.

The later part is about other Internet services, such as E-mail, E-commerce, Web Publishing, Instant Messaging and many more. Now I know about the processes behind these common things we take for granted.

The lesson was wrapped up with the golden rule of netiquette and a summary of the whole lesson. The golden rule: "Treat others as you would like them to treat you." This meaningful sentence tells us that we have been misusing the Internet to harass and hurt fellow netizen's feelings and we should not do so before the Internet becomes a battlefield for cyber war.

The video I viewed.



Take a look on this video about the History of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment